I am officially a year away from stepping into another decade of this amazing life that I have been gifted. Throughout the past 28 years, I've made memories that I will forever cherish, I've made mistakes and had regrets, I've met people that have made my life better, and some that I wish I had never met. I've lost, I've won. I've laughed and cried. I've traveled five continents and experienced things that have changed my life. Most importantly I've learned a whole lot! So much that I couldn't possibly share in one post. In honor of my 29th birthday, allow me to share with you 29 life lessons that I have learned thus far.
1. Be Unapologetic about your beliefs. Know why you stand for what you stand for, but never feel the need to convince or prove your beliefs to anyone.
2. Focus on your own path and don't get caught up in other people's lives.
3. Life isn't about competing or beating the other guy. It's about being what you are and being as good as possible at it.
4. Respect isn't earned. You owe it to everyone, including yourself.
5. Time does heal all wounds, but they sometimes leave scars.
6. Love is more than just feelings. Love is a choice.
7. Put yourself first, without being selfish.
8. You can't receive what you don't give.
9. You're not an island. you always need people.
10. Be picky about who you allow into your life, but give everyone the freedom to leave.
11. Stay consistent, especially when you want to quit.
12. You can't go through life without failing. Learn through your mistakes.
13. Pray specific and bold prayers. Miracles do happen.
14. Everyone has flaws, but there is also good in everyone.
15. Everything isn't for you. Find your passion.
16. You are your greatest investment. Invest in yourself, and never sell yourself cheap.
17. It's absolutely okay to outgrow people, some people are meant to be in your life for a period of time.
18. Take pride in your work, but always stay humble.
19. Let go of what you can't change.
20. Worrying is praying for stuff you don't want. Shift your focus. Always choose faith!
21. Nothing/ no one can take away what God has intended to be yours.
22. There is always room for improvement.
23. God (love) is more important than religion.
24. People don't owe you anything, but only stick with those who have proven to be loyal.
25. Living in fear can stop you from experiencing a full happy life. Don't be afraid to take a leap!
26. Whatever comes out of your mouth, you speak into your life.
27. A desire for wealth is not greed. It's a desire for life.
28. Opportunity is everywhere. You just have to see it!
29. Your heart is the most powerful muscle in your body. Do what it says.
As Always, Thanks for reading!
Latest posts by Laura (see all)
- 5 Alternatives To New Year’s Resolutions - January 9, 2018
- How To Rock The Pleated Skirt! - December 29, 2017
- 7 Things You Should Thank Yourself For Before The End Of The Year - December 23, 2017